As early childhood education is the most important, and is a time of remarkable brain growth. The International Schools of Kenana- American Division provides a rich program that includes Language Arts, Math, Science, Computer, Music, Art, Physical Education, Arabic, Second Language (French, German or Italian), Religion and Quran. Each of these subjects is taught in a unique approach in which it would reach all levels of thinking and how each student will understand and absorb the information.
Here in kindergarten we want to give our children a more productive and creative future, we also want to quip our students for academic achievement, personal development, citizenship, teach them how to be independent, and be a good example for others.
The curriculum comprises the following:
We have provided a new educational program called The Superkids Reading program. The program effectively teaches children how to read.
- It is completely aligned to the Common Core State Standards
- Built on systematic phonics
- Balances all five essential elements of reading
- Integrates reading, writing, spelling, and grammar
- Combines rigor with fun
Kindergarten focuses on the 26 letters of the alphabet. Students systematically learn to read and write letters, to associate letters with sounds, to blend letter-sounds to form words and sentences, and to read and write phonetically regular words as well as Memory Words.
The letters are divided into 2 years, 13 of them are introduced in KG1 in which the program is called “Meet the Superkids”, as for the other 13 letters are introduced in KG2 and the program is called “Superkids’ Club”.
In math we work with 2 books, the “I can do math” book, and the Preschool Big workbook”.
Both curriculums focus on shapes and colors, numbers and early math, such as:
- Tracing numbers
- Counting from 0-30
- Patterns (making patterns using shapes, or completing patterns)
- Matching numbers to same amount of objects
- Counting forwards and backwards
- Greater than, less than
- Grouping (same and different, matching: size and shape, color and shape, and grouping by shape)
- Opposites (hot-cold, up-down, open-closed, empty-full, on-off, in-out, little-big, day-night, wet-dry)
- Positions (On-under, in front of – behind, around, near- far, together- apart, between, first- last, next to- between, above)
- Numerical series
In science we learn about the following:
- Seasons of the year, the weather and climate and how the weather and temperature can change daily.
- Characteristics of the earth
- Motion of earth and moon, the sun and other stars.
- Characteristic of the organisms and their relationships with the environment.
- Plants (plant parts).
- Living-non living.
- My body (body parts).
- Senses (hearing, smell, taste)
- Things we can find in the kitchen
- My bedroom
- Farm animals and what they can give us.
- Birds, what they can feed on.
- What do animals need for a living?
- Pet animals.
- Sea animals.
- Insects (the life cycle of a caterpillar)
- Zoo animals and their babies.
- Healthy and unhealthy food.
- Food ( where do we get our food)
- Day and night.
Students will learn:-
- Classroom and class rules.
- How to be polite by using words such as, (please and thank you).
- They will learn that each individual is special in their own way.
- Types of sports, and what their favorite sport is.
- Jobs, what their parent’s jobs are and what they would like to be when they grow up.
- Feelings (Happy, sad, sleepy, excited, surprised, angry).
- My Family (family members) – Father, mother, sister, brother, grandfather, grandmother, baby sisters or brothers.
- My House/ places in the house – (kitchen, bedroom, living room etc…).
- Pets (talk about their favorite pet and how they take care of it).
- They will also learn about the (7 days of the week).
- Talk about their first day at school.
- Talk about their favorite toy.
- Discuss buying and selling (where do we buy our food, and what do we use to buy it).
- Fruits and vegetables, and talk about healthy food and unhealthy food.
- Things we do in the morning and evening,
- Friendship (talk about how important friendship is, and how to treat our friends and take care of them).
- People who help us (doctor, plumber, firemen, policemen, dentist, teacher etc…).
- Egypt (talk about Egypt, how to take care of our country and keep it clean, that we should be proud we are Egyptians).
- I can Travel by … (bus, plane, train).
- We are different (discuss how each individual is different).